- René Brunelle Provincial Park is a significant part of our region’s environmental, cultural and touristic richness.
- Families should have affordable opportunities to enjoy Remi Lake and its natural surroundings.
- René Brunelle Provincial Park should continue to play a crucial role in helping people develop a meaningful connection with the northern Ontario nature for generations to come.
The Friends of René Brunelle Provincial Park is a non-profit charitable organization whose primary purpose is the preservation and promotion of René Brunelle Provincial Park as a unique recreational, educational and environmental value to our region.
- Promoting the park and increasing the number of users so that it can achieve financial sustainability and therefore remain operational for future generations.
To achieve our goals, we will…
- Organize educational and recreational activities for the park users and for visitors in order to further their appreciation of the park’s natural assets.
- Stimulate community interest and involvement in our park by establishing partnerships and creating events.
- Promote the use of our park and its beaches for gatherings (picnics, birthday parties, weddings, …) and for healthy outdoor activities (canoeing, kayaking, swimming, bird watching,…)
- Work closely with Ontario Parks to ensure we can achieve our goals while respecting and protecting the park’s natural environment.
- Raise awareness regarding the importance of our park’s success for a long-term sustainable local economy.